you see that marshmallow popping out of the crust? it was just too much goodness, so some was trying to escape. seriously. so. much. goodness.
i’m sure you probably just want the recipe at this point, yes? ok then. :)
adapted from cookiesandcups.com
- 6 regular sized Hershey Bars (i used dark chocolate), broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 7oz container of marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9″ pie pan with baking spray.
- Beat butter and sugar together until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- On low add flour, graham cracker crumbs and baking powder.
- Divide the dough in half. Press half the dough in the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie pan.
- Evenly spread the Marshmallow Creme over the bottom crust.
- Now spread the broken chocolate pieces on top of the Marshmallow Creme.
- Form the remaining dough into a ball and place on a piece of wax paper. Top with another piece of wax paper and flatten into a 9″ circle. Carefully peel the top piece of wax paper off. Flip the crust onto the top of the pie and peel the other piece of wax paper off. Pinch the dough together to form the crust.
- Bake 20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack and slice when ready to serve.
some notes: my dough was a bit sticky, so i had to use some flour between the wax paper to get the dough to release. i accidentally left the pie in the oven for close to 30 minutes instead of 20, but that worked out really well! i think it may have been underdone if i only left it in for 20 minutes. i also had waaay to much chocolate when i bought six bars, but maybe the bars i bought were too big? here is a full sized picture of the chocolate in the pie so you can better see how much i actually used…
the pie was a hit with both the kids and adults at the birthday party i brought it to. i mean, what’s not to like?
marshmallow exploding out of a buttery graham cracker crust…
melty and rich chocolate…all smushed together. pretty perfect if you ask me!
- nikmar reblogged this from sherlookitdatbootyholmes
- nikmar likes this
- zhellyzee likes this
- sherlookitdatbootyholmes reblogged this from daughterofwinterhell
- daughterofwinterhell reblogged this from breadandbutternyc
- allicandoisbemewhoeverthatis likes this
- fatgirlinohio likes this
- reasonstobeateatingdisorders likes this
- durinswizardwheezes reblogged this from breadandbutternyc
- livelaughaloha likes this
- livexinxthexmoment reblogged this from breadandbutternyc
- wititiwtwintitu likes this
- wititiwtwintitu reblogged this from breadandbutternyc
- mrsrightbitch likes this
- lions-inn-cages reblogged this from breadandbutternyc
- lions-inn-cages likes this
- lasting-adventures reblogged this from breadandbutternyc
- kaylaskookingklan likes this
- fangurley-personal likes this
- firyalramzan likes this
- nadjakuschel likes this
- iamtallandawesome reblogged this from breadandbutternyc and added:
- mayeraw likes this
- rae-bans likes this
- aprilkristin likes this
- danisdapper said: This is like that s’mores pop tart, but good. And delicious. My pancreas just hurts looking at it.
- iamtallandawesome likes this
- bourbonandabrunette likes this
- thecandyrevenge likes this
- whatssogreataboutbeingaverage likes this
- mikaelaisdopeasfuck likes this
- emmysmacks likes this
- buildingaladder said: Do I get a half birthday request? Because I want this!!
- buildingaladder likes this
- meredithisaleo likes this
- nibblesandbits likes this
- bakewithavengeance likes this
- breadandbutternyc posted this