i heart granola.
when i started this blog i put up a couple photos of some granola i made. since that was before i was posting recipes, i decided to put up a more detailed post since i made some more the other night. this is a really great recipe i adapted from oh she glows. i really love all of angela’s recipes. they’re mostly vegan, but great for anyone trying to eat really well!
and the recipe:
adapted from www.ohsheglows.com
makes about 6 cups, store in the fridge!
- 2.5 cups rolled oats (regular not instant)
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3-4 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins (i omitted these and used raw cacao nibs instead)
- handful pepita seeds
In a very large mixing bowl, Mix together the dry ingredients.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the wet ingredients. Stir well. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the wet mixture (while still warm!) over top the dry mixture and stir well. It will be very thick and hard to stir, but keep at it until everything is thoroughly combined.
Spread onto a pan lined with parchment paper or a non-stick mat and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven every 15 minutes and give the granola a good stir to ensure even baking.
Allow to cool for 20-25 minutes on the pan before serving. The granola will stiffen up as it cools. Add in the mix ins and stir it up!
Makes about 6 cups and will keep for 1 month in the fridge in an air-tight container.
with this recipe, you can really change it up to suit your tastes. mix up the add ins with different nuts, chocolate chips, whatever you want! enjoy!
- sweetorgane likes this
- asuthink likes this
- jeffry1982 likes this
- greekalicious likes this
- nosauce likes this
- modestdecisions likes this
- aclikeslater likes this
- buildingaladder likes this
- yellowbearsdontstop likes this
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- penniesandthings likes this
- saraplainandtall likes this
- herblondness likes this
- cath-tastrophe likes this
- bloggingforwineandcheese likes this
- kvknowsherfun reblogged this from breadandbutternyc and added:
- lnr likes this
- youcanteatbread likes this
- heightofmyflight likes this
- kvknowsherfun likes this
- breadandbutternyc posted this